The importance of coronavirus testing
The importance of coronavirus testing cannot be emphasized enough in the present situation. We have to prevent the spread of the virus while paying attention to our nations’ economic activities.
Even though most of us have already experienced serious restrictions, lockdowns, and general changes in our everyday lives, there is still a lot we can do in order to help stabilize our economy.
A second wave is expected to arrive very soon, which puts our workplaces at great risk and danger again.
Today, in 2020, continuous screening is indispensable for a workplace and/or community to function well. Employees have to get back to work as soon as possible, and this is why coronavirus testing is of very high importance.
ATM-1 Virus Transport Medium was created with the purpose of helping to fight the epidemic in our communities. Its strength compared to similar products available on the market is that the sampler does not conserve viruses, but immediately kills them, while preserving and stabilizing RNA for up to 96 hours.
Professional reasons for applying the coronavirus testing protocol
According to our professional recommendation, the dual, combined screening is the safest and most effective tool when it comes to coronavirus testing. In practice, this means the combined use of the standard PCR (polymerase chain reaction) diagnostic method and the serological rapid test. This is necessary for a result with 99+% certainty, because the standard PCR diagnostic method only detects the direct presence of the virus (i.e. not whether the patient has previously been infected), while the serological rapid test is not capable to detect it in the first 5 days counting from the virus entering the body. We also recommend periodic screening in order to allow only proven non-infectious personnel to re-enter work, thus minimizing the risk of further spread of the virus. Moreover, our special ATM-1 Virus Transport Medium inactivates the virus, and therefore transportation and processing are safe as well.
- Store and transport the sample holding tube protected from light, between +18 and +25 °C.
- Do not use the product(s) after the expiration date.
- Use protective gloves and glasses during the procedure.
- In case you experience crystallization, do not use the sample holder.
- Do the sampling immediately after waking up in the morning, ensuring a calm state beforehand.
- Do not drink, eat, smoke or brush teeth before sampling.
- Make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before sampling.
- Use the product(s) with dry hands.
- Ensure a sterile environment – however, there is no blood taking involved in the process.