SARS-CoV-2 Quantification Kit
Components of the kit
- SARS-CoV-2 specific primers and TaqMan probes
(N gene abd RDRP specific sequences) – FAM, HEX
- Internal control primer and TaqMan probe
(IC) – CY5
- Positive control template
- Negative control template
- qPCR Probe enzyme Mix
- Internal fluorescent normalization
You could buy this product from our official reseller’s shop!
We also offer an easy solution and process for sample testing and therefore ensure full support throughout the whole process: from sample collection to diagnosis.
The assay is performed by real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR).
- The kit contains reagents that make the ultrafast PCR cycling possible in less
than 50 minutes.
- Using the Cov2Quant Fast protocol, we compared the detection sensitivity of the Cov2QuantTM SARS-Cov-2 Quantification kit and two other diagnostic kits for detecting SARS-Cov-2 (Competitor Kit “GF” and “Ph”) within the same experiment. An equal amount of positive RNA sample purified with the AviRNA Viral RNA Extraction kit (IVD/CE) from a positive oropharyngeal swab sample was used. In separate PCR positive and negative controls were run for each kit.
- During the detection of the SARS-Cov-2 RdRp gene by the Competitor Kit “GF” and “Ph” the fluorescent intensity was significantly reduced by using the Cov2Quant Fast protocol. On the contrary, when the Cov2QuantTM SARS-Cov -2 Quantification Kit was applied, the fluorescent intensity was superior and both the positive sample and positive control were well detected, significantly exceeding the values obtained in the Competitor Kit “GF” and “Ph”.
- We can state that based on our most recent measurements, our PCR reagent is 7 and 10 times more sensitive than the competing diagnostic kits (GF and Ph).
Legal background within the European Union
Free Sales Certificate
The National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition hereby certifies, that on the basis of information provided, the medical device(s) names below and detailed in the attachment (if applicable), which is/are manufactured by the above economic operator, has/have been affixed with the CE mark under the Directive 98/79/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on in vitro diagnostic medical devices and/or the Council Directive 93/42/EEC concerning medical devices (as amended) which was transposed into Hungarian national law (decree No. 8/2003. (III. 13) of the Ministry of Health, Social and Family Affairs on in vitro diagnostic medical devices and/or decree No. 4/2009 (III. 17) of the Ministry of Health on medical devices, as amended, may be freely sold in all member states of the European Economic Area (EEA) including Hungary.